Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Started early to play a new song as people came in to find their seats. Seemed to be a positive experience on a whole just as people came. They found it easier to focus on the worship service. It also encouraged the people who usually socialize in the foyer to come in before the service started to find their seat so we had a much more full sanctuary as we started.
9:25am we started with Our God (early)
Worship Set -
Your Grace is Enough
All Creatures of Our God and King
Communion Intro/Explanation -
We did stations around our sanctuary this Sunday
The Wonderful Cross - We did this song differently
Verse 1 then read Psalm 131 as the band played through the chorus
Verse 2 then read John 19:1-3 again as the band played the chorus
Verse 3 Chorus Chorus Verse 3 then read Luke 17:33 to finish it off.
This gave enough time for the congregation to participate in communion
Communion Conclusion/Wrap up
Song - Our God
Dismissed the Children
Prayer for the Ladies' Safety on their way back from their retreat
Message - Christ's Kingdom
Song - Better is One Day
Welcome and Prayer
Opening Song - Come Now Is The Time to Worship
Congregational Greeting - Shake a hand time
Song - How Great is Our God
Offertory - Played by our Pianist - it was beautiful
Message - Christ's Kingdom
Song - How Deep The Father's Love
Time of Meditation - Song played in background
Both the services did not go quite as we were planning but when do they ever? So we had three songs at the end of the second service and had to cut them all due to time. We probably should have cut more in the first service but there wasn't anything to cut by the time we were running over.
Take time to check out other worship sets at The Worship Community Sunday Set Lists.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Here is how are first service was laid out:
- Opening Set: Hosanna (Praise is Rising), Psalm 98:4-6 was read, Shout to the Lord
- Friendship Books (our way of seeing who is new and getting information from them)
- Video on the Armor of God
- Time of Prayer - This was to encourage people to pray for God's guidance on how to prepare for spiritual battles as this was our theme for this morning.
- Second Set: Blessed Be Your Name, Revelation Song, The River
- Children's Dismissal and Prayer
- Message - Spiritual Battle (Still based off the book The Divine Prayer Clock)
- Closing Song: I Will Rise
- Set 1: Holy Holy Holy, Psalm 149:1-5 read, My Saviour My God
- Congregational Greeting (The good ol' hand shake)
- Song: You Are my Strength
- Friendship Books
- Video (Sames as previous service)
- Song: Eagles wings (however a passage out of Isaiah 40 was read first therefore really not helping with having a video right before it)
- Pastoral Prayer - Elder
- Message - Spiritual Battle
- Closing Song: Come Holy Spirit
Thanks for your input. This is posted on theworshipcommunity.com Sunday Set List article. For more set lists check it out there. It's a useful tool!
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
I'm posting this back at theworshipcommunity.com so other can check it out. Take a look there to see more ideas and thoughts on worship.
Open The Eyes of My Heart
Message - Spiritual Preparation
Video of Japan Devastation - For Prayer
You Are My Strength